|This herbal combination from Herbal Extracts Plus is designed to support upper respiratory ailments such as hay fever and other allergies. These ailments are often accompanied by sneezing, watery, itchy eyes and excess mucus production. These symptoms go hand-in-hand with difficulty breathing and minor aches and pains associated with both allergies and asthma. Each spring, summer and fall, tiny particles are released from trees, weeds and grasses causing millions of people to suffer from sneezing, coughing, itching, runny noses and watering eyes. Asthma, as opposed to allergies, is a chronic lung condition that is typically characterized by breathing difficulties. Asthmatics have extra sensitive or hyper-responsive airways, which, when they become irritated, react by narrowing or becoming obstructed. Providing herbal relief for allergies and asthma, the preventative blend we offer contains herbs that have shown strong properties to stop or minimize allergic reactions to inhalant and ingestive allergens by naturally suppressing the antigen-antibody reaction of the body's normal internal defense mechanisms.
The information presented herein by Herbal Extracts Plus is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.
Purpose of Formulation:
This herbal blend is formulated to prevent the symptoms of allergies and mild breathing difficulties and to provide allergy relief. This product is for use if you are susceptible to hay fever, asthma, food allergies, chemical allergies or experience other bronchial congestion and/or stuffiness.
Can be used as an astringent, anti-inflammatory and decongestant to the membranes of the eyes, nose, sinuses, throat and upper respiratory tract.
Our Proprietary Herbal Remedies are encapsulated and we have several bottle sizes available. Scroll down for these size and ordering options.
Our products contain 100% pure plant-based/natural materials using no fillers, grains, yeast, sugars, binders, excipients, starches or synthetic materials.
Also contains Magnesium Gluconate, Vitamin B-1, and Vitamin B-6.
Take two to three capsules per day. For best results, each capsule should be taken on an empty stomach, and with a large glass of cold water. Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Taking more than the recommended dosage may cause nervousness and insomnia. Stop use if anxiety, dizziness or nervousness occurs. Consult your physician before using this product if you are pregnant, lactating, have high blood pressure or are being treated for a serious medical condition.
Herbal Ingredient Information:
The following information is a brief overview describing each of the above herbal ingredients and what properties each contributes to make up this proprietary blend.
- The tannin content in Eyebright accounts for its astringent properties. It tightens membranes surrounding the eyes and prevents secretion of fluids, reducing excess phlegm and mucus in the eyes, sinuses and upper respiratory tract. It also soothes the mucous membranes, easing catarrh and relieving the discomforts of minor irritations. Eyebright is said to be effective in treating allergies, itchy and/or watery eyes and runny nose and is also thought to combat hay fever. The herb is a bitter, astringent herb that is used to relieve inflammation and infectious conditions associated with colds, coughs and sore throats.
- Nettle is a well-known folk remedy and herbal supplement for hay fever and other allergies. It helps to relieve inflammation caused by allergic reactions and clears congestion in the nose and chest. Moreover, it is considered an expectorant that clears mucus from the lungs. Nettle is also said to be a fine circulatory stimulant, opening blood vessels and increasing blood circulation throughout the body. This circulatory action is believed to uplift a weary body and relieve fatigue and exhaustion.
- Horehound is a powerful expectorant and relieves lung congestion. In treating painful, chesty, non-productive coughs, colds, bronchitis and sinusitis, Horehound's compound, marrubium, decreases the thickness of phlegm and promotes the secretion of fluids into the bronchial passageways, producing mucus. It also combines the action of relaxing the smooth muscle of the bronchi while promoting mucus production and expectoration, thereby also easing the pain of the cough. Horehound has been a popular cough and cold remedy since ancient Egyptian times.
- Fenugreek has many beneficial effects on the respiratory system and is an effective treatment for lung disorders. It is a fine expectorant that relieves asthma and sinus problems by reducing mucus and is also good for coughs and cold. Fenugreek dissolves hardened masses of accumulated mucus and is considered a treatment for tuberculosis. As a body cleanser and expectorant, Fenugreek is said to expel toxic waste and mucus through the elimination system.
- Mullein's primary use has been to remedy respiratory problems, such as chronic bronchitis, asthma, croup and other breathing difficulties. It is a fine expectorant that stimulates the cough reflex, clearing out congestion and expelling excess respiratory phlegm and mucus. It also soothes and tones the mucous membranes of the respiratory system and reduces inflammation. The mucilage in Mullein lubricates the throat and lungs, even as it promotes expectoration, easing the bronchial passages, throat irritation and laryngitis. Mullein is said to show strong overall anti-inflammatory activity and has been said to be effective in treating swellings, especially when lymph nodes in the throat, neck, arms and groin swell or are congested. It has a reputation for cleansing the lymphatic system generally, and it is also frequently used to relieve swollen joints.
- Quercetin is a bioflavonoid (sometimes called vitamin P) that is packed with natural antioxidant, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-allergenic qualities. Used as an herbal supplement for allergies, Quercetin is considered an anti-allergenic and is said to inhibit allergic reactions by preventing multiplication of cells that secrete histamine, the chemical that causes inflammation and swelling; and it does not induce drowsiness often accompanying the use of antihistamines because its action does not act upon the nerves that stimulate the cells. Quercetin is said to help the lungs deal with dust and particle pollution and benefits emphysema, asthma, bronchial problems, hives and other allergies.
- Citrus Bioflavonoids are botanical nutrients that can be found in plants, fruits, vegetables, nuts, bark and buckwheat. Citrus Bioflavonoids as well as Quercetin are often referred to as vitamin P. Citrus Bioflavonoids are said to provide natural antiviral, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergy properties. They cannot be produced by the body, and therefore have to be taken as dietary supplements.
- Bromelain is one of a group of proteolytic enzymes that are capable of digesting protein and is found in the stem and fruit of the pineapple plant. For the relief of bronchitis and sinusitis, Bromelain is said to suppress cough, reduce nasal mucus that is associated with sinusitis and relieve the swelling and inflammation caused by hay fever. Although not all experts agree, the Complete German Commission E Monograph recommends Bromelain for sinus inflammation. Bromelain supplements are believed to enhance the efficacy of antibiotics by keeping them in the system longer and helping them to treat infection. Bromelain may also stop sinusitis from progressing to bronchitis and is also thought to decrease bronchial secretions, increasing lung function and inhibiting upper respiration infections.
- Cayenne is an overall tonic that is said to build up resistance to illness, sore throats, sinus infections and colds. Cayenne is called a carrier or catalyst herb that increases the efficacy of almost every other herb or herbal combination. Cayenne relieves pain (taken both internally and applied topically). It provides natural heat, and its ingredient, capsaicin, is a strong pain-relieving agent that alleviates the joint pain of arthritis, rheumatism, muscle spasms, cramp and bowel pain. In addition, Cayenne/Capsicum is an overall tonic that is said to strengthen the immune system and believed to build up resistance to illness, sore throats, sinus infections and colds.
- Peppermint Leaf is a "nervine" that eases nervous agitation and anxiety. It has a calming effect on the entire body and can help soothe a nagging cough. Peppermint is a strong aromatic and an excellent expectorant, easing congestion. As an antiseptic, Peppermint's antibacterial properties can kill the micro-organisms that may cause food poisoning. The herb also makes a fine mouthwash and is a wonderful remedy for bad breath.
Herbal Extracts Plus uses only 100% Gluten-free, Vegetable Cellulose, Certified Kosher, size "00" capsules for all of our encapsulated products. Each capsule contains approximately 600 mgs of powdered herb material.
Support for Allergies and Asthma has received a Customer Testimonial!
Visit our Testimonials webpage to see it!